While searching for an open-source potentiostat, I found the blog https://chemisting.com/, and discovered another home scientist, Daniel, working on (flow) batteries, who had been experimenting with various open source potentiostats from the literature. I reached out, and Daniel and I shared a PCB assembly order for this MYSTAT potentiostat. More details on Daniel’s blog!
To run the control software GUI from source, I had to modify the code, which is here. I’ve never used Qt before and it took me a while to get my build environment ready.
I’m using KDE Neon, which is based on Ubuntu. With a combination of
pip, I installed
pyusb, and separately, the
libusb package from a tarball.
I finally managed to run the app from source and connect it to the potentiostat!
Now to set up some electrodes and electrolyte solutions for some voltammetry tests.